Friday 20 August 2010

New Springs Seaside Trip

We're all going on a summer outing

NEW SPRINGS pensioners are getting ready for their annual seaside trip – after help from their ward councillor.

The Holy Family Church Hall-based Over 60s group, which meets every Wednesday, was facing a funds shortage, threatening the annual spring treat for the area’s senior citizens.
But now the coach to Southport and the catering arrangements are booked after Labour’s Chris Ready came up with a 250 donation from the ward’s Brighter Borough fund.
Coun Ready said: “This is always a very popular and important event and when I heard it may not happen, I was determined to help if I could.
“Many of these old people are effectively housebound and wouldn’t be getting to the seaside otherwise, so they really look forward to this great day out.
“I’m delighted to have been able to help because this is an organisation which I think is really important to its members.”

No comments:

Post a Comment