Friday 9 August 2013

Daniel Dawoud a truly inspirational person

I first met Daniel at last year’s Sports Awards. I knew straight away that there was something special about him as I couldn't get a word in for 10 minutes - which is unusual for me. Daniel has brittle bones and is dependent on his wheelchair but this does not deter him from leading a full life.

Daniel says “Chris and I have become good friends. We meet up for lunch and connect on Twitter on a regular basis. We both share the same passion for sport and everything Wigan and once I knew Chris was doing the 10k I couldn't resist the challenge, plus if Chris gets tired he can jump on the back of my chair”!

Daniel started playing Wheelchair Rugby roughly 18 months ago. He says “In my short time in the sport I have experienced some great success winning the Domestic League in my first season and most resonantly winning a European Club Competition in Amsterdam.

Due to the increased interest in the sport since London 2012 the club West Coast Crash formed a second team named West Coast Burn. The governing body for the sport in this county GBWR, also formed a second division due to more clubs being created across the United Kingdom. In the Second Division our team, West Coast Burn, came 2nd and also won promotion into the first division for next season. Our first team, Crash, came 3rd in the League and also 3rd in our Nationals Cup Competition which is our highest ever finish. Both teams also competed in a German club competition this year finishing strong in 5th and 6th positions.”

I've also included our club website for you and the National Governing Body's site for you for more information if needed. If there is anything else you need please let me know. 

inspirational



No comments:

Post a Comment